Hello Again.

3:39 PM

It has been a little while since I have posted on the house.  I have been stressed and overwhelmed and didn't feel like blogging to be honest.  Today I have come to terms with the fact that my stress is silly and God is good all the time.  As things pop up and things look like we will never move in, never have the money to finish, or I can't move anymore God shows His faithfulness.

Since we have bought the house we have gotten the carpet and under-pad torn out.  Which turned out to be much harder than we expected because the pad was stuck to the floor hard.  Thankfully the nasty has been torn out though.  We bought the flooring and expect it to come in this week.

Josh was able to replace the ridge cap on the roof, since it was burnt to a crisp.  The weekend He did it he was blessed with cooler weather thankfully.  He still has the chimney to seal this week as well as roof vents to instal as well.  We are coming along though, which is a great thing.

This weekend My Uncle and Aunt from Kansas City came to town to help re-plumb the house.  My Uncle and Father were able to fix the leak we have and get water coming into the house.  The only thing not ready is the master bath that we are hoping to fully replace this weekend.  While my Dad and Uncle were working my Mother and Aunt were able to finish cleaning up the floors and walls, pull up tact board, and putty the walls to get ready for pant.  We were able to get the A/C turned on this weekend as well!  It was great to see my Aunt and Uncle as well as how far we got in the weekend.

This week my Mother-in-law and Sister-in-laws are in town to paint.  The doctor told me that I can not be in a room with wet paint, so I better find someone else to paint.  We are very grateful that Josh's family could come down to paint.  Today they got most of the house primed and are hoping they can get everything besides our bedroom and the paneling painted this week.

You Might Also Like

0 comments