Homemade Yogurt

6:22 PM

That's right guys I made yogurt at home!  While surfing pinterest I found a recipe for making yogurt in the crock pot.  Needless to say I was excited to see a healthy, cost effective, easy way to make yogurt.  As excited as I was, I was sure it couldn't possibly work.  I couldn't pass it up though and tried it anyways and it actually worked!  Now I am going to pass on the yogurt making knowledge for the brave souls that want to try.

First I must make the disclaimer that yogurt is actually naturally tangy.  After all of those years eating store bought yogurt I was surprised to find out yogurt doesn't naturally taste like candy.  It is a little scary to realize how much processed sugar they put in that stuff, but I digress.  You can sweeten the homemade yogurt easily with honey and vanilla or fruits though so don't be discouraged.  You can also use the yogurt as a substitute for the fatter and more expensive sour cream as well because of its tangy flavor.  Just be prepared for a tangy yogurt while you are making it.  I was disappointed at first because I did not get this disclaimer.  I have learned to love the yogurt and eat it at least once a day.

What You Need:
Crock Pot
Whole Milk (Half or Whole Gallon)
Cup of Plain Yogurt with Live Cultures (most yogurts will have this just check on the container)
Beach Towel
A Flexible Scheduled for the day
This Recipe

You can do it and its so worth it!  Think of the possibilities, endless breakfast smoothies, sour creme for every Mexican dish, and tons of savings.  It is also healthier if the savings and deliciousness doesn't get you.  Give it a try, I double dog dare you.

Who is up for the challenge?  Do you have any crazy recipes you never thought would work that turned out great?  I would love to hear all about them!

You Might Also Like

1 comments